Hello everybody! Nice to see you again, thanks for coming back.. yeah! 😀 😀 😀
So yesterday I was just sitting thinking about things my Mom used to say to me and my brother when we were younger and sometimes even now! So I’ve decided this post is going to be all about what Mom’s say to their children, no matter how old we are.
Now.. I don’t know about you, but all of these sayings are ones my Mom would ALWAYS say to us, so I hope you can relate to them and you probably have even more different ones that your Mom would or does say to you!
1. “As long as you live under my roof, you live under my rules!”
2. “When you have kids I hope they treat you the same way you treat me.”
3. “Say that again and I’ll wash your mouth out with soap.”
4. “Because I said so, that’s why!”
5. “I’m gonna count to 3..” “1….2…. Don’t let me get to 3!”
6. “Text me when you get there” – (Now I absolutely LOVE when my Mom says this to me, no matter how old I am or where I am going she will always say this to me and I’m sure she will continue too! Won’t you Mom ;))
7. “Don’t stay up too late.”
8. “I won’t tell you again!”
9. “When I was your age I had to walk 10 miles in the snow to school.”
10. “Take your shoes off before you go inside.”
11. “Money doesn’t grow on trees.” – (I’m sure every Mom in the world has said this!)
12. “You’ll understand when you’re older.”
13. “We’ll see.” – (Which we ALL know meant, never gonna happen, haha!)
14. “Put a coat on or you’ll be freezing.” – (This is another one of my favourites, because we all thought we knew better and said “No Mom, I’ll be fine!” but how wrong we were!)
15. “You’re the oldest, you should know better!” – (Ok, now this one I know for a fact 50% of Mom’s will say it and 50% won’t, and my Mom is part of the 50% that NEVER said/does say it to me. I am the oldest sibling and my Mom is the oldest sibling and my Nan would always say this to her when she was younger so she has never once said it to me, but I do feel for those of you who do get this, but remember guys the oldest sibling is always the coolest sibling 😉 haha)
I hate to admit it, but when someone says ‘Mom’s are always right’, trust me, 9 times out of 10 they are ALWAYS right haha. But we wouldn’t have them any other way would we!
I hope you liked this new kind of post, please let me know what you think and also let me know what other things your Mom did or does say to you! I’d love to know some more. 😀
Love you always and forever Mom xx 🙂