Something I do enjoy posting on my blog are the more personal things, obviously not too personal but just enough for you to get to know me a little better. 🙂
So I’ve decided to do a ’10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me’ post here on my blog.
Now some of these things are things I just wouldn’t tell people in my day-to-day life, so consider yourself lucky. 😉
1. I moved out of my mom’s house when I was 19, I am now 21. Quite often I do feel as though I am a 50-year-old woman trapped inside a 21 year olds body, like honestly I do haha. Sometimes I feel as though I have grown up way too fast but on the other hand I absolutely love the freedom and even though me and mom have always been besties anyway, since I moved out we are closer than ever and haven’t had a single argument!
2. My full name is Alexandra Rose Duncan. My mom has always called me Xandra ever since I was tiny and it’s actually a name I really like, so I took Xandra and my middle name Rose and called my blog Xandra Rose.
3. I work 8am until 4pm, Monday to Friday and each day I feel as though I am completely wasting my life away because Blogging and Photography are my real passion and something I hope one day will become a full-time thing, but for now I will continue to work to pay the bills and carry on being consistent with my blog posts.
4. The first thing I do when I come home from work each night is run straight upstairs and get straight into my pyjamas and dressing gown. Even if we have plans to go out later on, I still do it.
5. I studied Graphic Design at college for 2 years, at the end of the course my tutor told me I would amount to nothing in life all whilst my mom was sat next to me. Ha, THANKS LOVE. Of course I chose NOT to listen to this. 🙂
I wasn’t THAT bad, was I?
6. Since I was born I have lived in SIX different houses. Is that quite a lot for a 21-year-old? I feel as though it is.
7. I have just the 1 sibling, my younger brother Joseph… Joe, whichever. I like to call him Joseph but everyone else calls him Joe. Anyway, when we were younger we would always argue about what to watch on TV, so to stop him changing the channel I would get a video tape and put it in front of the TV sensor so the infrared on the remote didn’t work HEHE.
8. In my day-to-day life apart from my family and a couple of others, I truly believe the people I speak to have absolutely no interest in what I have to say. Whenever someone talks to me I always like to listen and try to help them out if I can. However it is never the other way round, they are always half listening or just playing on their phone or something. I’ve learnt not to give a crap about it now and realised who my TRUE friends are. This is also why I LOVE having blogger friends, we all listen to one another, take the time out to read each other’s blogs and share the same interests meaning the conversation flows naturally.
9. I would happily live off Sushi, Noodles and Rice for the rest of my life, I am obsessed.
10. I used to paint my nails every single week to the point where my nails physically couldn’t breathe and were constantly yellow, gross I know!
I hope you feel as though you have gotten to know me a bit better now, that was the aim of this post. I would love to know more about you too!
Tell me, what is the one food you couldn’t live without?
I hope you have the best day & be happy.
Lots of love, Xandra Rose 🙂